Pentecost, Titian, 1545 AD
In this issue:
- Whitsun, the Festival of United Soul-Endeavour
by Rudolf Steiner In our continuing effort to support a deeper experience of the festivals and the cycle of the year, we offer this Whitsun lecture.
To celebrate a festival really means to unite oneself in spirit with the cosmic spirit. ~Rudolf Steiner
- Save the Date: August 28-30, The Question of Consciousness Today with Virginia Sease.
Only events organized/underwritten by the Branch Council are listed here. For a listing of the many other outstanding events and activities, see the calendar in the newsletter.
- Calendar of the Soul Verses, May 3 – June 6 – Our approach for 2015 – Owen Barfield Paraphrase
- Local Lodging Requested for Virginia Sease Conference
- Call for Volunteers for Portland Children’s Festival
- The Question of Consciousness Today – A Conference with Virginia Sease
- Sponsors Page
Many thanks to those businesses in our community who help to underwrite our newsletter. Ad spaces are currently available.
- Wintergreen Biodynamic Farm invites you to share in the healthy harvest! Celebrating the 24th anniversary of its community supported agriculture program.
- Camino de Santiago de Compostela, a photo exhibit and presentation by Robin Lieberman, at the Art Hall at Cedarwood Waldorf School.
- Remedy Insights: A weekend symposium sponsored by the Anthroposophic Medicine Club & The Society for Physicians of Anthroposophic Naturopothy. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Contact Sandy Musclow, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 971-271-4241
- Portland Children’s Festival: An extravaganza of performances and activities coming June 28 – find out how you can get involved.
- The Question of Consciousness Today, with Virginia Sease, registration form
Click for the Newsletter
General comments and questions, (or email email@example.com) Submit an event for the calendar | Submit an article to the newsletter
A Manichaean Journey
to the Heart of our Time
With Christine Gruwez
April 24, 25, 26
Cedarwood Waldorf School
Friday, 7:30 pm: Open Lecture
Saturday 9am-5:30 pm: Interactive workshop with introduction, questions, & dialogue
Sunday 9am-12:30 pm: Continuation of workshop
Christine Gruwez: “The salvation of the soul, the central motif of Manichaeism, is a deed, a deed to which we are called as contemporaries living in turbulent times. But Manichaeism will have to develop further in the future, as Rudolf Steiner expresses it. Knowledge and wisdom may indeed help us, but they can be no substitute for the actual deed. This deed is related to good and evil as they are present in each of us. This deed becomes a presence which concretizes in a particular relationship to the other, whoever he may be. Only through this can we develop an inner organ to listen to the future. A listening with the heart. In the words of Bernard Lievegoed: More and more people will find methods to help others in the most surprising ways. To put yourself in the service of the difficulties of another person, that is the point!”
Two registration options:
1. Click here to register online (make sure to include your Name, Email, Address, and Telephone in the “Comments or special instructions” section of the checkout process).
2. Or, fill out this registration form, with your check made out to Portland Branch, & mail to Tom Klein, 3609 SE Center, Portland, Or. 97202
Questions or requests for work study/scholarships: contact Tom Klein @ 503-777-3176, firstname.lastname@example.org